11 April 2005

[HAK] Use Your iPod shuffle without Using iTunes

Image

TUAW posted: "You’ll have to have a fairly recent installation of Python running on OS X for it to work, but if you have wished that you could simply drag your MP3s over to your iPod shuffle without having to launch iTunes, then iPod shuffle Database Builder is for you. An added benefit of using this tool is that it enables you to use the iPod shuffle on as many computers as you like without having to pair it again and again to a new iTunes Music Library. Even better, the program is only 8k and will work on any OS with Python installed, so there’s no reason not to put a copy on the iPod shuffle itself."

[via Engadget]

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Just what I've been looking for!

Anonymous said...

what is python and how do I - can I - install in on my Windows 2000 laptop?

Anonymous said...

will this work on the motorola L7?

Anonymous said...

Just use iShuffle for windows :) does the exact same thing

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite hack. I've been using it for, what, maybe a year now with no problems. What I like is that the Python installer is so small that I have a copy on my shuffle so that if the computer I'm trying to use doesn't have Python installed (e.g. at work) it's a cinch to install from my Shuffle.

Alternatively, if you don't want to bother with Python on someone else's machine, just rename the new music files to exactly the same names as the ones you want to replace on your Shuffle, then copy them into the Shuffle, overwriting the ones being replaced. As long as the name's the same the software/firmware/whatever doesn't know any different!

Anonymous said...

Thanks fr this page. I am unable to use Itunes, so this has allowed me to use my new Ipod Shuffle.

Anonymous said...

iShuffle is mucg better and don't require any installation